Volunteering is a great way for you to partner with The Salvation Army of Waukesha County. Not a single one of our programs or services is possible without the daily work accomplished by our loyal, hardworking Volunteer Corps. Thank you!
Volunteers are needed every single day of the year. To sign up:
Examples of needed volunteer service:
- Bell Ringing: Sign up for a Red Kettle shift or adopt-a-kettle location. Serve as a daily driver. Do evening Red Kettle pick-ups.
- Bell Ringing Support: Serve daily shifts running errands, delivering Red Kettles, troubleshooting. doing pick-ups.
- Communications Office: Clip newspapers and learn how to calculate their public relations value.
- Communications Office: Help update and expand our media and countywide contact lists.
- Communications Office: Write items for this Website, for Facebook, Twitter, and for other social media.
- Communications Office: Help sort and research historic files and photos.
- Community Meal: Chop vegetables in the kitchen for our meal program.
- Community Meal: Help serve and clean-up from nutritious, hot meals on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings.
- Development Office: Help research projects, grants and organizations.
- Feed The Kids: Help make sandwiches and pack sack lunches to serve hungry kids in the park and on field trips.
- Finance Office: Help sort and file documents, prepare materials for meetings, help run down questions and details.
- Food Pantry: Sort and shelve incoming donations; assist grocery shoppers.
- Special Events-Christmas Concerts: Put up posters and signs, take tickets, be an usher, help on the promotions crew.
- Special Events-General: Help plan and operate our Special Events -- Dinners, luncheons, fundraisers, meetings, outings.
- Youth Ministry: Mentor young people, teach music, be part of our Character Building program, be a Day Camp Counselor.
- and much more . . .