How we help combat addiction
Every day in America, over 6,500 people are hospitalized for substance abuse. That's 6,500 families - with moms, dads, and kids - disrupted by the effects of drug and alcohol addiction.
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through 12 steps and 8 Recovery Principles. This experience allows us to be changed. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. We become free from our dysfunctional, compulsive, and additive behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and, more importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through this program, we can discover our personal, loving, and forgiving Higher Power - Jesus Christ.
A court-approved 12-step program that is a Christ centered and Bible-based. We welcome those of any faith and no faith at all.
Celebrate Recovery can...
- Provide you with a safe place to share your experience, strength, and hope with others who are going through a Christ-centered recovery
- Provide you with a leader that will facilitate the small group as it focuses on a particular principle each week.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor
Small groups are a key piece of Celebrate Recovery. These groups are gender specific and provide a safe and confidential space. Recovery must happen in community. We don’t get well by ourselves, but rather through the love and support of a small group.
What is a meeting like?
- Each meeting starts at 6:30PM for a time or worship, a teaching or a testimony for everyone, and then continues in small discussion groups. Small groups are gender-specific. Throughout the year, our leaders teach on each of the 12 steps, starting with Step 1 in January. Anyone can join at any time.
How does it work?
- Celebrate Recovery combines the dynamics of small groups, sponsors, and accountability partners to build recovery for those struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups that keep us from learning to prosper and grow in our journey with Jesus Christ.
Who can benefit?
- You may be thinking that recovery is only for those with alcohol or drug problems. This could not be further from the truth. Saddleback Church (where Celebrate Recovery started) finds that only 1/3 of the people attending Celebrate Recovery are dealing with chemical dependencies.
Why does Celebrate Recovery work?
- Like other recovery programs, Celebrate Recovery isn’t for those who need it, but those that want it. This program is forward-looking. Rather than wallowing in the past or dredging up and rehearsing painful memories over and over, Celebrate Recovery focuses on the future.
Who leads Celebrate Recovery?
- Our meetings and groups are conducted by Christians who have been through 12-step recovery themselves. Many have had been dealt tragic blows in their
lives and are able to lead others in similar circumstances by sharing the tools and lessons they have learned in their own lives.
Come join us for a meeting!
Thursday Nights | 6:30 - 8:00PM
The Salvation Army Fox Cities Worship & Community Center
1525 Appleton Rd.
Menasha, WI 54952
Jeff S | 920.212.1420
Jane S | 920.931.2994
Ron S | 920.710.1144
Julie F | 920.266.9288