Warming Centers Open as Severely Cold Temperatures Set In
With midweek temperatures falling near zero and wind chills forecast to drop below minus 30 degrees Wednesday, The Salvation Army is stepping forward to help those who need a break from the cold.
Metro-area Salvation Army locations will serve as warming centers at the following days and times:
- Kroc Center, 2825 Y St.
- Jan. 29–Feb. 1: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Feb. 2: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Feb. 3: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Citadel Corps, 3612 Cuming St.
- Jan. 29–Feb. 1: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- North Corps, 2424 Pratt St.
- Jan. 29–Feb. 1: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Council Bluffs Corps, 715 N. 16th St.
- Jan. 29–Feb. 1: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Salvation Army opens warming centers for the most vulnerable in our community. Cold weather can be dangerous for the elderly, the very young and those with specific medical conditions. The Salvation Army reminds people to plan ahead when extremely cold weather is in the forecast, especially if they don’t have access to a warm, safe place for respite.