Responding to the Coronavirus in Sheboygan County
The Salvation Army Sheboygan remains committed to Doing The Most Good for our neighbors in need, especially now as we respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.This page will be updated as changes are made.
The following programs are available with slight adjustments to limit person to person interaction:
- Emergency Lodge 45-bed Homeless Shelter
- Community Food Pantry
- Emmaus Meal Feeding Program
- Emergency Utility Bill Assistance
- Prescription Assistance
- Legal Consultations
- Mental and Behavioral Health Counseling
- Worship Services (including Bible Study, youth programs, music and women's ministries)
Programs currently suspended include:
- Laundry of Love Voucher Distribution
- Volunteer Income Tax Prep (VITA) Program
- Made New Again Working Wear Program
- The Thrift Store at 1029 Michigan Ave. is temporarily closed until further notice
While it was a difficult decision, we decided to cancel the 7th annual Salvation Ride which was scheduled for July 11, 2020. The safety of our participants, volunteers, sponsors and staff members is of the utmost importance. Save the date for next summer's Ride, July 10, 2021.
Donation Update: To ensure the highest food safety standards for our community, we are asking for monetary donations to purchase the most needed items and are not encouraging community food drives at this time. Please safely store your non-perishable food donation until we are able to accept it.