Volunteer in this Community
Ways we help in this Community
Donate to this Community
How you can help in this community
Hear More from this Community

Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good

Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!

Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid zip code

"Hungry" is no way to spend childhood

Every day The Salvation Army helps cure hunger by providing nutritious meals to neighbors in need.

Racine has a 29.4 percent childhood poverty rate. 

Many children not only struggle with hunger, but they are also undernourished.

How we help cure hunger

Healthy Kids Diner

Stressing the importance of offering nutritious meals to school-age children, The Racine Salvation Army Healthy Kid's Diner began in May 2019 serving dinner meals to school age children. Many children in our community lack the opportunity to have a hot healthy dinner meal, especially during summer when free and reduced-priced school lunches are unavailable.

"Our program fills a void created when school lunches are not available and during the school year when many times parents aren't able to provide an evening meal," said Major Ken Nicolai, Corps Officer at the Racine Salvation Army. "Helping parents meet the nutritional needs of their children is the strength of this program."

Hours and Locations:

  • Monday - Friday - 3:15 - p.m - 3:45 p.m.  at Mead St. COP House, 1750 Mead Street. 
  • Monday - Friday -  4:00 p.m. -  4:30 p.m. at Geneva St. COP House, 1140 Geneva St., Racine

All meals will meet the USDA recommended nutrition allowance for children and will include vegetables and fruits. 

Meals are provided through the generosity of the United Way, CACFP and Racine Community Foundation we have the opportunity to provide child nutrition to the neediest in Racine.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 


The Salvation Army Food Pantry is open Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 12pm.  Please call our office for an appointment 262-632-3147

What do I need to provide in order to receive food?

  • Photo ID for all adults
  • Children's birth certification or immunization paperwork
  • Proof of Address

No Social Security Cards or Forward Cards can be excepted as identification.

All requests for assistance are handled by appointment.

Contact our Social Service office at (262) 632-3147 to learn more.


Other Ways We Meet Needs