The Salvation Army located in Oak Creek provides high quality, Christian care to hundreds of children throughout Oak Creek, Franklin, South Milwaukee and Cudahy every year.
Our Children’s University specializes in community child care year round with programs like After School care, Summer Day Camp, and supported by youth sports leagues and weekly Character Building programs.
Because we provide such comprehensive child care services, our ministry has been certified by the state of Wisconsin and staffed by caring, experienced, professional teachers.
After School Care
Our After School care is a wonderful opportunity for your children to interact with other children, and a valuable service to parents. We provide transportation from school each day for schools in the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District. Children can be picked up as late as 6:00 P.M.
After School Schedule
|3:00 p.m - 3:15 p.m
|3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
||Snack Time & Clean Up
|3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Gym/Playground(Group A)
- Craft/Homework/Games(Group B)
|4:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Craft/Homework/Games(Group A)
- Gym/Playground(Group B)
|5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding after school care please contact Tammy Grulkowski at (414) 762-3993 or Tammy.Grulkowski@usc.salvationarmy.org.
Summer Day Camp
Every day is an adventure at The Sal Summer Day Camp! Every week is action packed with lessons, games, crafts and activities for children ages 3-14.
The following is what a typical day at the Sal will look like for our day campers.
- 6:00am to 9:00am—Before Care Campers arrive for before care. Upon arrival campers will meet in our game room. They will be able to choose a break out area they would like to participate in. Before Day Camp break out areas are: Computer Lab, Game Room, Open Gym or the Chapel for Movie Time. Each break out area is supervised by our Day Camp staff. Campers will meet with friends and can participate in morning games, crafts and activities.
- 8:45am is snack to energize them for the rest of the day.
- 9:00am to 9:15am—Morning Meeting Our day begins every morning with an all camp meeting in the Chapel. We start the day with some fun sing a longs, Bible lessons, fellowship and an opening prayer. Attendance is taken and our kids are organized by age into their camps.
- 9:15am to 2:45pm—Day Camp! Day Camp begins. This year each camp will begin at their Home Base. From there they will divide and conquer all the fun different stations we have set for them. Campers will play a variety of games, sports, activities and crafts that tie in with our theme for the week. A field trip schedule will be provided to all families in advance for summer planning.
- 2:45pm to 3:00pm Day Camp Dismissal All camps will gather for Day Camp closing ceremonies including Lucky Seats, Costume contests, final announcements and a closing prayer. They will also receive snacks and have an opportunity to decompress from the busy day with their friends before they head home to get ready for another fun filled day at The Sal!
- 3:00pm to 6:00pm After Care will keep your kids busy while you make your way home from work. We will even provide snacks. Keep an eye out for sports programming this Summer during our after care and into the evening.
Register for this year's Summer Day Camp here.